Thursday, October 10, 2013

Just A Little Cut...

I thought long and hard about publishing this one, but I think it needs to be done.

I don't consider myself any kind of leader type, nor a figure to be emulated. But I do think that the women's movement has empowered women and created a system which increasingly is driven by, and supportive of, what are perceived to be values associated with women. And I think likewise that there is a lack of any such thing for men. You may take your "patriarchal society" comments at this point and shelve them: I'm not interested in the discussion.

What does interest me is doing right by other men. Offering support, information and communication. Hence this post: I'm going in today for a vasectomy.

Now, currently my Internet connection is deeply fucked up. But hopefully later I'll have better access. And by that time, all things going according to plan, I should have some useful details to offer on the entire situation.

In the meantime -- wish me luck!

7 comments:

  1. Good luck. Also, I expect you to recount the experience in the style of a James Bloke adventure culminating in a not quite successful escape from the evil doctor's death trap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and that would be helpful how? Bastard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got hired once by a 45 year old high school principle who felt his vasectomy was botched. To prove his case he had a lot of pictures of his swollen scrotum.

    I asked him "who took these photos?" He told me his mother had taken them.

    After the "condom in the cupcake" case and "the MRI scan caused me to lose my psychic powers" case - and now this - I decided that personal injury law was not for me.

    Good luck, mate. If anything goes wrong, I can't help you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck, they generally go smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Certainly, the deed is done by now.

    Update, please, mate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Been there done that.
    Doesn't hurt for long. Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Internet connection still fucking pointless.

    State of scrotum not a whole lot better...

    ReplyDelete